- TOP PERU TOURS
- LUXURY TOURS
- ADVENTURE TOURS
- CULTURAL & ARCHEOLOGYCAL TOURS
- ECOLOGYCAL TOURS
- MYSTICAL & ESOTERYCAL TOURS
- SPECIAL INTEREST TOURS
- PERU PACKAGES
Huaraz Tours - Tours in Huaraz
Trekking across the Huascarán Biosphere Reserve we admire, among many others, the impressive iced-summits of Huantzán Grande (6395m) and Cashan (5723m).
The trail leads us to Chavín de Huántar, a World Cultural Heritage Site of monumental granite pyramids, spectacular bas-relief carvings and sophisticated subterranean structures. We hike accompanied by Llamas and share the Andean resident's traditional life styles.
Llama Trek Olleros
Our comfortable vehicle takes us via the Pan American Highway along the Pacific Ocean coast, across sand deserts and through coastal valleys to Pativilca. Here we take the Pativilca - Huaraz Highway and drive up into the Andes until we reach Conococha Lake (4,100 masl). Scenic mountains capes announce our arrival to the Callejón de Huaylas Valley between the Cordillera Negra (Black Mountain Range) and the Cordillera Blanca. We continue to Huaraz (3,100 masl), the "Capital of Mountaineering and International Friendship." We overnight at our hotel in Huaraz City. .
Driving along the Callejón de Huaylas Valley we enjoy the magnificent scenery of the Cordillera Blanca's highest peaks until me arrive at Olleros (3,500 masl), and then at the picturesque village of Canray Chico. Here we start hiking following the course of the Rio Negro (Black River). On our way we admire the Huantzán (6,395 masl) and Uruashraju (5,722 masl) peaks. We camp in Sacracancha (4,000 masl).
We follow the remains of an old Inca road up to Punta Yanashallash pass (4,700 masl). We enjoy the sight of the impressive Huantzán peak the highest of this section of the Cordillera Blanca. We camp in Shoncopampa (4,100 masl).
Our trail continues along the Inca Road as it leads down by the Wacheksa Ravine. Descending this ravine we pass by picturesque villages living traditional lifestyles such as Chichucancha, Lanchan, and Nunupata. We arrive at Chavin (4,180 masl) town and We explore Chavín de Huántar, South America's oldest and most advanced culture, and one of the six independent centers of civilization in world prehistory. At Chavín we find monumental granite pyramids and ceremonial plazas linked by stone-carved staircases. Subterranean chamber complexes, known as galleries, are the most unusual Chavín architectural style. We visit the Lanzón Gallery with its supreme deity of Chavín, a large stone idol called Lanzón that is finely carved with human, Jaguar, Anaconda, and Harpy Eagle iconography. Sophisticated stone-carved friezes, columns, giant heads, and astronomic representations are a puzzle for Andean archaeo-astronomers. We return to Huaraz, and to our hotel for overnight.
After a relaxing breakfast we return to Lima, carrying with us unforgettable memories of our experiences in the world's largest tropical high-mountain ecosystems and the friendships we built with our adventurous companions on the trails of Cordillera Blanca and the Huascarán Biosphere Reserve. We arrive in Lima in the afternoon.
• Hotels in Lima and Huaraz / Dinners in town / Personal expenses: camping gear, specific medicines equipment, phone calls, extra meals, drinks, tips and others of personal nature.
MB = Mountain Breakfast L* = Lunch on board L = Lunch D = Dinner
• Transfer Lima - Huaraz - Lima in public bus (non-stop buses with air conditioning, chemical toilette, TV, lunch on board, hostess)
• Private car transfers in Huaraz: bus station - hotel - bus station.
• Private car transfers to all starting and returning points to/from the hiking destinations
• Bilingual trekking guide.
• First class trekking services: Cook and full meal in the mountains, according to program.
• Donkeys and donkey drivers, and a Horse.
• Sleeping tents (for 2 or 3 persons each), kitchen, dinning and toilette tents.
• Air mattress.
• All cooking gear and dinning equipment.
• First aid group kit.
• Entrances fees to the National Park.
• Upon return from Huaraz transfer from the bus station to the hotel or to the airport.
Need more information about this program?
Want to make a reservation? Click Here