Day 01 : LIMA / HUARAZ
Our comfortable vehicle takes us via the Pan American Highway along the Pacific Ocean coast, across sand deserts and through coastal valleys to Pativilca. Here we take the Pativilca - Huaraz Highway and drive up into the Andes until we reach Conococha Lake (4,100 masl). Scenic mountains capes announce our arrival to the Callejón de Huaylas Valley between the Cordillera Negra (Black Mountain Range) and the Cordillera Blanca. We continue to Huaraz (3,100 masl), the "Capital of Mountaineering and International Friendship." We overnight at our hotel in Huaraz City.
Day 02: HUARAZ/ CONOCOCHA LAKE / CHIQUIAN / RONDOY
We drive up across the Santa River Valley where we admire the magnificent Cordillera Blanca, perennially snowed peaks; in the way crossing the typical towns of Recuay, Ticapampa and Catac. We arrive at the Conococha lake where we observe migratory Andean birds like the flamingo or Parihuana which nest in the lake during their migration. From here we can observed the impressive Cordillera Huayhuash. We descend to Chiquian town (3,400 masl), and continue to drive until Rondoy and after a short hike we set our camp (4, 100 masl).
Day 03: RONDOY / SANBUNYA PASS / JAHUACOCHA LAKE
This morning we hike ascending Sanbunya Pass (4750 m), we admire the magnificent snowed peaks of Rondoy (5,870 msnm), Hirishanca (6,094 msnm) y Yerupajá (6,634 msnm) y Ratzac (6,017 msnm). After descend we arrive at turquoise Jahuacocha Lake, one of the jewels of the Cordillera Huayhuash. We set up our campsite at 4,050 masl. We have the opportunity to enjoy the regional fauna, among them varieties of Andean ducks, Andean Ibis, and high altitude flora.
Day 04: JAHUACOCHA LAKE / RASAC COCHA / JAHUACOCHA
In the morning we leave Jahuacocha passing along lupinus tre. We admire the Hirishanca iced peak, and the beautiful Jahuacocha and Solteracocha lakes. We arrive to the beautiful Rasac Cocha Lake (4,650 msnm) in the base of impressive glacier. After lunch we return to our camp in Jahuacocha
Day 05 : JAHUACOCHA LAKE / LLAMAC - HUARAZ
Today we pass along some small patches of forests of the endangered Queñua tree, one of the few species of trees that grow at this altitude. The Queñua tree has been heavily used since colonial times for its fine quality in producing the world’s best organic charcol, posing a challenge to its preservation. We are fortunate to observe the mountainscape scenery of both, the Cordillera Huayhuash and the Cordillera Blanca while we have a long descent to Llamac (3300 m), where our car will be waiting to transfer us to Huaraz, and our hotel
Day 06: HUARAZ / LIMA
After a relaxing breakfast we return to Lima, carrying with us unforgettable memories of our experiences in the world's largest tropical high-mountain ecosystems and the friendships we built with our adventurous companions on the trails of Cordillera Blanca and the Huascarán Biosphere Reserve. We arrive in Lima in the afternoon.
• Hotels in Lima and Huaraz / Dinners in town / Personal expenses: camping gear, specific medicines equipment, phone calls, extra meals, drinks, tips and others of personal nature.
MB = Mountain Breakfast L* = Lunch on board L = Lunch D = Dinner
• Transfer Lima - Huaraz - Lima in public bus (non-stop buses with air conditioning, chemical toilette, TV, lunch on board, hostess)
• Private car transfers in Huaraz: bus station - hotel - bus station.
• Private car transfers to all starting and returning points to/from the hiking destinations
• Bilingual trekking guide.
• First class trekking services: Cook and full meal in the mountains, according to program.
• Donkeys and donkey drivers, and a Horse.
• Sleeping tents (for 2 or 3 persons each), kitchen, dinning and toilette tents.
• Air mattress.
• All cooking gear and dinning equipment.
• First aid group kit.
• Entrances fees to the National Park.
• Upon return from Huaraz transfer from the bus station to the hotel or to the airport.
Need more information about this program?
Want to make a reservation?